Monday, February 4, 2008

Pizza, french fries and soda

"Welcome to the United States" said the letter i just got. Finally! after so much paper work, burocracy and prayer my permanent residency, permit to travel and work permit have arrived. It is funny how i got them all the same day since it usually takes longer time for the residency, therefore you apply for the other two permits first.

Of course my sweet husband took me out to celebrate and we had my second favorite food (the frist one is tacos of course) pizza, french fries and soda for dinner. It might sound modest but honestly it is one of my favorites, i love soaking my pizza on tabasco sauce and enjoying my food next to my favorite guy in the world.

I am SO excited and I cant wait to start with all the wedding planning, I am starting to freak out! so much to do and so little time. We are so happy and thank God everything went smooth and quickly.



"Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos" decia la carta que acabo de recibir. Al fin! despues de tanto papeleo, burocracia y oracion mi residencia permanente, permiso de viaje y de trabajo han llegado. Es curioso que los permisos hayan llegado al mismo tiempo que la residencia, dado que los primeros se tramitan debido a la tardanza de la residencia.

Por supuesto que mi lindo esposo me llevo a celebrar y cenamos mi segunda comida favorita (la primera son tacos por supuesto) pizza, papas a la francesa y refresco. Puede sonar algo modesto pero de verdad es de mis favoritas, me encanta empaparla en salsa tabasco y disfrutar mi comida junto a mi hombre favorito en todo el mundo.

Estoy muy emocionada y no puedo esperar para iniciar todos los planes para la boda, me comienzo a estresar con todos los preparativos y tna poco tiempo! Le agradecemos a Dios que todo se resolvio tan simple y rapido.

3 comments:

jess said...

pizza y papas a la francesa??
yo sigo prefiriendo mole con pollo, arroz y tortillas.
jaja.

muchas felicidades Mimis!!!!
Espero que eso signifique que pronto te tendremos por estos rumbos.
Un abrazo enorme linda niƱa!!!!

PD.- Y mi hombre favorito se llama Tom y se apellida Brady jajajaja.

Unknown said...

Did the letter welcome Maria as well? If not, can we reapply for her too? This country needs her!

Of course, the main thing that does stink about being a US citizen is all that money you'll now be making at that highly lucrative job I'm sure you will find will now be taxed to death! Can't work under the table anymore!

Congratulations to my finally legal friend! And looking forward t that amazing wedding planned in Mexico!

coral said...

felicidadesssssssssssss!!!!!!! mimis! casi una eternidad despues pero listo!! hihihii!!! tenemos muxas ganas de que vengas para salir salir y salir!! oyes hber si par a tu boda invitas unos cuantos gringuitos guerreros para lidias y para mi!!!! hahhaahh!!! un abraxo!